☀️ Summer Shipping Information - Your Candy Could Melt So Don't Forget An Ice Pack 🌡
July 08, 2020
Would you like to have some fun Now and Later? Well, you’re in luck! Making our Now and Later Syrup will ensure you and your younglings have a blast making it Now, and Later, you can get creative and daring figuring out all the yummy goodies to top with the syrup, like pancakes and ice cream. We even have a special recipe for an adult beverage later in the blog. See, candy isn’t just for kids!
This recipe is very simple and can be made in 30 minutes or less. The beauty of using Now and Later Fruit Chews is the wide variety of flavors available to choose from. Virtually everyone can be a happy camper when you have options like Mango, Grape, Banana, Extreme Sour Cherry, Extreme Sour Apple, Extreme Sour Watermelon, Splits Lemon-Blue Raspberry, Splits Lemon-Lime, and more!
We used Strawberry-Kiwi and Pineapple Now and Laters for the syrup we made. If you need even more of an endorsement to try making Now and Later Syrup, our skeptical president, Elisabeth, thought the Now and Later Syrup was "pretty darn tasty."
In addition to the ingredients for this recipe, you’ll also need:
Ingredients6 Packs (6 pieces per pack) of your favorite flavor of Now and Later Fruit Chews2 Tablespoons Sugar1-1/2 Cups Water
Instructions1. Remove wrappers from all of the Now and Later squares and place in a bowl.
2. In a medium-sized sauce, bring water to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. Pour the sugar and unwrapped Now and Laters into the boiling water and stir until the Now and Laters are dissolved.
4. Lower heat to medium and continue to boil the mixture for 15 minutes.
5. Remove the Now and Later syrup from the stove and pour into a heat-proof storage container to cool. You can rapid-cool the syrup in the fridge or freezer if you can’t wait.
6. Once cool, use a spoon to remove the thin layer of wax that settled on the top of the container (Now and Laters are coated in wax to prevent the paper wrapper from sticking to the candies).
Now your syrup ready to use, or you can keep it refrigerated for up to two weeks, if it lasts that long!
As we mentioned earlier, you can use this versatile Now and Later Syrup in a variety of tasty ways:
You can also use the Now and Later Syrup to make beverages for an “of age” crowd at your socially distanced BBQ this summer. Here is the promised BONUS recipe for our All City Candy Cocktail “The Darci,” named after its creator, and our store manager.
Ingredients1 Shot of your favorite Vodka1 Shot of Kiwi-Strawberry Now and Later Syrup1 Cup of your favorite Lemon-Lime Soda3-4 Ice Cubes (More or less if you prefer)Lime Garnish
Instructions1. Pour all ingredients except ice into a medium-large glass or plastic cup.
2. Stir with a swizzle stick.
3. Add in your desired amount of ice and garnish with a lime wedge.
We’d love to see what goodies you top with your Now and Later Syrup. Be sure to tag us on Social Media if you make this or any of our other Cooking with Candy recipes.
Want to be the first to hear about tasty updates, offers and promotions at All City Candy? Subscribe now and you'll receive an email with a coupon for 10% off your next order!
Comments will be approved before showing up.