Economy $9.95 Flat Rate US Shipping, UPS/FedEx $14.95 Flat Rate US Shipping, FREE over $300.
February 06, 2020
Remember Perler beads from when you were a kid?! Introduced in the 1960s, crafty kids (and adults) began creating decorative shapes and designs with these colorful beads, and to this day, Perler beads continue to be a fun and inspiring activity. Here at All City Candy, we have put a tasty twist on the classic activity, with a fun way to make your own Perler-style beads . . . from candy! That's right -- EDIBLE Perler beads!
We hear your questions now . . . How can this be? Are we wizards? Has the sugar finally gone to our heads? We will gladly answer those questions: magic, yes (see the previous answer), and of course! Using Rainbow Twizzlers you can make a variety of fruity-flavored, yummy Perler-style bead treats and create fun memories along the way.
Watch our how-to video for instructions, or follow the detailed instructions and photos below.
Directions to Make Edible-Style Perler Beads:
1. Cut your "beads" - carefully use the scissors to cut the Twizzlers into 1/4-inch pieces (use the ruler to make sure they're all the same size), about 18 pieces per Twizzler.
2. Choose the template design you want to make and tape it down on a stable work space. Cut 2 pieces of parchment paper so they fit over the design, with some extra space around the edges. Place one piece of the parchment on top of the design (don't worry, you'll still be able to see the design through the parchment), and set the other piece aside.
3. Using your choice of colors, place the cut sides of the beads on the parchment paper, filling in the design completely. Make sure all the beads are touching.
4. Once your design is how you want it, gently place the second piece of parchment paper on top of the bead design.
5. Keeping the parchment paper on top of your design, carefully hold the iron on top of the covered design until the beads start to melt and fuse together, about 30 to 60 seconds on the iron's highest setting.
6. Once the first side is melted, gently flip over the design keeping the parchment papers in place, and fuse the second side with the iron (this is optional but highly recommended).
7. Allow the design to cool (we didn't wait, and man was that hot!), then slowly and carefully remove the paper from the candy designs.
When you're done, not only will you have a colorful design, but a delightful and tasty snack. Yum!
Don't forget to share your designs with us on our social media! We would love to see them :)
Want to be the first to hear about tasty updates, offers and promotions at All City Candy? Subscribe now and you'll receive an email with a coupon for 10% off your next order!
Comments will be approved before showing up.