UPDATE: Effective May 12, 2020, our Richmond Heights store will be open to the public, following these precautions:
- Must wear masks at all times when on the selling floor.
- Must wear masks when working in close proximity to other employees (i.e. in the office).
- Maintain a physical distance of six (6) feet or more when interacting with customers or employees, when possible.
- Wash hands for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer after each interaction with the public.
- If you have used the hand sanitizer to “clean” your hands 5x in a row without using soap and water in between, go wash your hands!
- Continued temperature monitoring will happen daily at the start of shifts. As always, if employees are not feeling well, they are asked to stay home, or will be sent home.
- Hours will be reduced: Monday-Saturday from 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM. We will be closed on Sundays until further notice.
- Store samples will not be given upon entry to the store.
- All high-touch surfaces will be sanitized hourly, including carts, baskets, check-out areas, and door handles.
- A sanitation station will be set up at the entry door for customer use including hand sanitizer and wipes.
- At the registers, “X’s” will be on the ground to indicate a safe physical distance.
- Plexiglass sneeze guards are set up at registers.
- Directional arrows will be in the aisles to indicate the flow of traffic.
- No more than 10 customers will be permitted in the store at a time.
- No more than two customers per aisle will be allowed.
- The self-serve bulk section will be closed. Some bulk items will be sold in smaller-sized bags.
- Only 10 customers will be permitted in the store at a time. If we are at maximum capacity, please wait patiently on the sidewalk six (6) feet away from the door and six (6) feet away from other customers.
- Please wear a mask or face covering at all times while in the store. Masks will be available for purchase while supplies last.
- Please use the sanitation station to clean your hands immediately upon entering the store.
- Follow All City Candy’s in-store physical distancing specifications: mind the flow of traffic in the aisles, mind the number of people per aisle, stand on the “X” at check-out.
- When possible, please continue to order online and use our FREE curbside pick-up service.
- If our staff feels you are not maintaining safe physical distancing or sanitization practices, we will politely ask you to leave so as not to put our staff or other customers at risk.
Effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020, through Monday, May 11, due to the COVID-19 virus and the Ohio Department of Health's Stay At Home order, All City Candy will be open for curbside pick up only at our retail location in Richmond Heights. Online orders will continue to be fulfilled as usual.
Dear All City Candy Friends and Family,
The health and safety of our community, our customers, and our employees is our number one priority, and our hearts are broken for all those affected by the spread of the COVID-19 virus. I want to take a moment in this difficult time to reassure you that we are committed to following stringent guidelines to ensure that everyone’s health and safety is not compromised.
Our retail location remains open, but we are continuing to monitor and follow all recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and the Ohio Department of Health. Here is an outline of the steps we are taking to protect our customers, both in-store and online, and our staff:
- Cleanliness in our store has always been a high priority, but we are implementing even more protective measures. All customers will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering the store (or asked to wash their hands in the event sanitizer is unavailable), and staff will be reminded to wash their hands regularly, and continue to adhere to FDA food safety guidelines; we are washing and sanitizing all high-touch areas regularly throughout the day, including door handles, countertops and sink handles, cart and basket handles, cash registers, credit card machines and pens, Jelly Belly and M&M’s dispenser handles, bulk bin handles, etc.
- We will be suspending the use of our self-serve bulk bins and pre-packaging the bulk candies into grab-and-go bags of various sizes. While we are in the process of pre-packing these bags, customers will be required to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer prior to visiting the bulk bins. As always, our bulk scoops will be washed, sanitized, and bagged for individual use.
- We have suspended offering any unwrapped samples in the store, as well as our twice-a-month Sample Saturdays event, until the Department of Health allows dine-in restaurants to reopen.
- Our staff is always instructed to stay home if they are sick, and we have requested that they stay home at the slightest sign of feeling unwell.
- We have added a “Pick Up In Store” option on our website for our local customers, including curbside delivery. Customers may also call us at 216-487-7070 with their orders and we will have them ready for pick up.
10% of our online “Pick Up In Store” purchases will be put toward our annual effort to build spring candy baskets for the young patients at University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital.
UPDATE: Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital is unable to accept in-kind donations for the foreseeable future. However, we are continuing to collect candy donations, and the baskets will be donated to the TeamCribbs Foundation. TeamCribbs will distribute the candy baskets to impoverished children in our community.
Of course, all customers are welcome to place orders on our website, AllCityCandy.com, to be shipped to them directly, with the ease of mind that we are maintaining a clean and healthy environment and process for packing and shipping their items. Upon receiving packages, however, customers should please take further precautions by washing their hands before and after handling any packages.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 216-487-7070 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your continued support and wish nothing but the best for you and your families.
Have a sweet day,
Elisabeth Sapell and the All City Candy Crew